'House Of Cards' Season 6 Will Officially Continue Without Kevin Spacey

Share

Netflix had fired Kevin Spacey and cut all ties with him after numerous allegations of sexual misconduct had surfaced against him spanning decades, including those by the crew of House of Cards.

Robin Wright, who has starred alongside Spacey since the beginning of the series, playing wife Claire to his Frank Underwood, seemed the frontrunner to be shifted to lead, particularly after having ended the last season as the reigning president.

He said: "We are excited to bring closure to fans". "So, I'm really happy that the people who are working on House of Cards are continuing to get to do that work".

Production for the season had been suspended indefinitely after Spacey was accused of sexual harassment by actor Anthony Rapp.

The final series was supposed to be 13 episodes and production on the first two episodes had already been completed and a table read for episode three was on the schedule. In the original novel the series is based on, written by Michael Dobbs, Frank's character is confronted with all the wrong he's done and commits suicide, jumping to his death from the roof garden of the Houses of Parliament.

According to a report by The Guardian, it is also rumoured that Netflix is seeking to launch a House of Cards spin-off to extend the life of their most successful franchise.

Kevin Spacey attends the "House Of Cards" Season 4 Premiere in Washington, DC on February 22, 2016. It debuted in 2013 to much critical acclaim and helped put the subscription service among the big terrestrial channels.

Rapp told BuzzFeed in an October story that Spacey made sexual advances on him back in 1986 when Rapp was just 14.

Share