Arrested in Plot to Assassinate British PM


United Kingdom authorities think they've arrested two men who plotted to kill Prime Minister Theresa May after "bomb (ing) their way into" her official residence, the Guardian reported.

Rahman is charged with preparing terrorist acts and also with assisting another man, Mohammad Aqib Imran, to prepare separate terror acts. Three of the perpetrators were known to security services, according to an internal review which said opportunities to stop the Manchester Arena bombing attack were missed by security services.

The Metropolitan Police would only say that Rahman, 20, and Imran, 21, were due to appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Wednesday charged with planning terror attacks. He said he was of no fixed abode and said his nationality was "Bangladeshi British".

An Islamist terror plot to assassinate British Prime Minister Theresa May by detonating an explosive device to storm into her Downing Street office has been foiled by the country's security services, media reports said today.

Mr Imran allegedly planned to join Isis in Libya. Four of them were claimed by the Islamic State group. The recording would have given Imran greater credibility with the terrorist organization, the document said.

Motorcycle police officers wait to enter 10 Downing Street London Britain
Arrested in Plot to Assassinate British PM

Thirty-six people have been killed in five separate terror attacks in the United Kingdom this year.

Barrister David Anderson, who was asked to conduct an independent investigation, said Abedi had been on MI5's radar but that his "true significance was not appreciated at the time".

Security officials believe the alleged Islamist plot is the ninth to have been thwarted since March this year.

They were arrested in raids by the Met's Counter Terrorism Command in London and Birmingham on November 28.

A man died in a terrorist incident at Finsbury Park mosque in north London in the same month - and, in September, an attempt to bomb a Tube train at Parsons Green station failed.