Terry Crews Files Police Report Regarding Alleged Sexual Assault

Share

Los Angeles police have opened an investigation after actor and former pro football player Terry Crews filed a report on Wednesday claiming he was sexually assaulted, the department told The Hollywood Reporter.

He cited the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault and harassment scandal as his motivation for coming forward.

Crews's statement came as a direct effect of breaking stories about Weinstein.

Crews says the agent groped him a year ago at a Hollywood function.

Because the alleged incident took place previous year and within the statute of limitations in California, it's possible that a criminal investigation could follow.

Crews - who is married to actress Rebecca King-Crews - made his allegation public last month, detailing his experience in a series of Twitter posts.

Adam is reportedly on a leave of absence as the entertainment company, that Terry is a client of, investigates the case further.

"My wife saw everything and we looked at him like he was insane", the actor and former pro football player later wrote on Twitter. Crews tweeted that he contemplated fighting the man, but "thought twice about how the whole thing would appear". My wife saw everything [and] we looked at him like he was insane.

The actor chose to let it go at the time because he didn't want to be ostracized. "Black Man stomps out Hollywood Honcho' would be the headline the next day", he noted.

'Only I probably wouldn't have been able to read it because I WOULD HAVE BEEN IN JAIL. Crews wrote on his Twitter account he was at a function with his wife when the Hollywood executive came over and allegedly grabbed his "privates" and the alleged abuser then "grinned like a j-k" when Crews questioned what he was doing. And that the executive called him the next day to apologise, but never explained his reason for the assault.

"Who's going 2 believe you?"

Share