Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said its missile programme was defensive and unrelated to the landmark nuclear deal that put a cap on Iran's nuclear activity in exchange for sanctions relief.
"Meanwhile, France is fully aware of Iran's firm stance towards its defense capabilities, viewing it as non-negotiable", Foreign Ministry's official website quoted him as saying.
"The missile that was intercepted by Saudi Arabia launched from Yemen, which obviously is an Iranian missile, shows precisely the strength of their" weapons program, Macron said on November 9.
The Saudis are in full support of President Trump's decision not to certify Iran as in compliance with Obama's treacherous "deal".
Iran has repeatedly told French officials that the agreement is "not renegotiable and Iran doesn't allow the other sides to annex other issues to it", Qassemi stated.
"What we have seen, clearly from the results of the ballistic missile attacks, that there have been Iranian markings on those missiles, that's been demonstrated", Harrigian said, Reuters reported.
Saudi Arabia and its allies accuse Iran of supplying missiles and other weapons to the Houthis, saying the arms were not present in Yemen before conflict broke out there in 2015.
"The French president perfectly knows that making such claims against the Islamic Republic of Iran fits no reality of the past decades' realities in the Middle East", highlighted the Iranian diplomat. Paris, according to the spokesman, should remain "realistic, fair and farsighted" over "sensitive developments in the Middle East and the Persian Gulf regions". This came after "its [Iran's] Houthi proxy" in Yemen fired a missile towards the Saudi capital last week. The president passed the matter to the US Congress, giving lawmakers 60 days to decide whether to re-impose sanctions.
Iran denies the charges and blames the conflict on Riyadh.