The inaugural T20 Global League was set to begin next month with England's Eoin Morgan, Jason Roy and Kevin Pietersen among the "marquee" internationals.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) has confirmed that the inaugural edition of Global T20 League has been postponed to next year in an embarrassing climb-down for the organisation after creating a lot of expectation.
"We have not come to this decision lightly", said Moroe.
Moroe stated that the various franchise owners were in complete support of the decision of postponement. "We have re-assessed our strategy and believe that postponing the first edition of the T20 Global League to next year will serve us well", he said.
"The Durban Qalandars would like to pledge its commitment to the league and would like to reiterate that we will be back in South Africa for the start next year", said franchise owner Fawad Rana. If we are going to deliver a league that takes away from that, it would be irresponsible.
Both him and president Chris Nenzani gave the assurance that the tournament will commence on November 3 and that the team owners are committed to their investments.
However, the League is still looking for a title sponsor, while no broadcast deals have so far been established.
FICA shares the concern and disappointment voiced by the South African Cricketers' Association (SACA) at the announcement by CSA of the postponement of the T20 Global League.
Moroe added the T20 Global League needs to be made stronger before it is launched.
The CSA had reserved six weeks in the peak of summer, but this postponement means that there will be no domestic or worldwide action for that period.
Acting CSA chief executive Thabang Moroe, who took up the role following the resignation of predecessor and chief negotiator of the league Haroon Lorgat, had previously warned of the potential losses the league could incur.
After South Africa's upcoming four-day match against Zimbabwe, there is a chance that the country won't enjoy any cricket between October and December.