Liverpool sold Luis Suarez to Barcelona in 2014, after the Uruguay striker pushed for a move away from Anfield.
Liverpool have already rerejected two bids from Barcelona, the most recent of which was worth €100 million.
Liverpool's owners FSG have said that "no offers for Philippe Coutinho will be considered" following interest from Barcelona in the midfielder.
"Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players".
As reported by the Independent, Liverpool Manager Norbert Klopp said that there is no price-limit to let him (Coutinho) go.
Barcelona want Coutinho to replace Neymar following his compatriot's 222 million-euro transfer to PSG last week.
He said: "The players are in a good mood, attitude in training sessions really good".
Coutinho, who joined Liverpool from Inter Milan in 2013 for around £9m, has been ruled out of the Reds' opening Premier League fixture against Watford on Saturday with an injury.
No wonder Jurgen Klopp was in such a awful mood at his first pre-match press conference of the Premier League season.
The 25-year-old star of Liverpool notched 14 goals for the team in last term.
The club then rewarded his efforts and Coutinho signed a new five-year deal in January.
Barcelona's follow-up bid came after the Merseyside club first rejected a £72m offer for the Brazil worldwide last month.
Coutinho was at his peak in the 2016/17 campaign, scoring 13 times and providing seven assists in 31 English Premier League appearances as Liverpool finished fourth and secured Champions League qualification.